Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vintage MMTR Poster - circa 1983!

As many of you have seen on the eco-x site, we are creating a database of every single entrant that, when finished, will be interactive where you will be able to upload your own photos, comments, etc.  In fact, I cannot take credit for any of this work - my brothers Matt & Josh are the brains behind this project.  It's currently a work in process but it's going to be pretty cool when it all comes together.

Anyway, this morning I was sourcing some old split-sheets from David from MMTR years past to add to our data project.  David came across the following poster and I thought you all would really enjoy seeing this from the very first year of the Mountain Masochist Trail Run 50 Miler in 1983.

I was only 10 years old in '83 but I definitely remember owning a pair of Roos (with a little pocket on the side) - a sweet pair of shoes for the 80's!

MMTR-Poster_1983

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you found your shirt design for next year!!!!!!
Maybe do an old school theme and have best costume and things like that. Give a prize to anyone that can finish the race in a pair of Roos.

Rick Gray said...

Clark, Thank you for sharing some of the history and thanks to David for keeping up with that poster all of these years. I graduated from college in 1983 and I can't help but wonder how different my life might be if I had known trail races existed back then. I can picture both good and bad, but in any event, we can't change the past. I certainly love my current life and those involved in it. I had forgotten about the Roos, but the best I remember, they were very soft and spongy. As you can tell, they were not one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing, Rick