Saturday, October 18, 2008

MMTR training run

Today 19 folks ran the 2nd half of the MMTR course.  We left Lynchburg at 5:30 am, met in Montebello at 6:30, shuttled back to Long Mtn Wayside and were running by 7:30am.  The temps stayed in the low 40's all morning and the colors were incredible!

DSCN0620

We had a great time!

23 miles for the day which is my first run over 20 in a long, long time.  I felt surprisingly well and ran pretty good - all things considered.  Around half-way into the run, I felt the wheels starting to come off but some wonderful trail work saved me.  DSCN0623   In order to clean up parts of the MMTR course, I "needed" to keep stopping, clear trail, as well as take a break!  It worked perfect and finished the run with only minor cramping.

It was great to be back out on the trails and running in the mtns! We'll see how recovery goes in the next few days...CZ

No comments: